Because of the Covid-19 pandemic, we have determined that all Religious Education (RE) Classes normally held on Wednesday evenings, will be virtual this year. These changes will help to keep our families safe. Please note, students wishing to receive First Holy Communion in 2022 must be registered for this school year.
With safety in mind, here are the options available to you this year:
- The Whole Family: The Archdiocese of Atlanta is offering an online Family Faith Formation Program. These 9 lessons each consist of two zoom calls per month, with a family activity to do during the week in between. The entire family is encouraged to participate. This program is available in English or in Spanish. You can choose this program by itself or with any other option.
- PK and K students: Participate in the Pflaum Gospel Weekly program, either online or using the paper copies.
- 1st thru 5th graders: Participate in the St. Mary’s Press online class at grade level. Each child will also be receiving from St. Mary’s Press, a bible, activity booklets, a folder, and a backpack to keep the material together. You, as the parent, can choose to access only the online material or both the online and the hard copies. The RE office will provide details of the lessons monthly. This program is available in English and is designed to be navigated by the child. St. Mary’s Press also offers Family Pages in both English and Spanish which provide an overview of the lessons.
- Students in the second year of Preparation for First Holy Communion 2nd grade thru 6th grade: Please choose option 1 or 3 AND participate in our new Sacramental Summer camps. Students will be required to attend, in person, two separate weeks of summer camp: one week (morning or afternoon) for each Sacrament. Parents will be given the option of four choices of camps for the Sacrament of Reconciliation and four choices for First Holy Communion. Details and dates of the summer camps will be released in January 2021. All three components (class, Reconciliation Camp and First Communion Camp) are required.
- 6th thru 8th graders who have already received Holy Communion: The EDGE Program online.
Please let us know by September 17, 2020 which option you choose for your family. No registration forms for returning students will be accepted after September 17th. Classes will begin in late September 2020.